Greyhound Hospital Psychiatric Hospital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In Progress

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Conversation Piece {Open}

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Alyoshenka
Alyoshenka

Conversation Piece {Open} Empty
PostSubject: Conversation Piece {Open}   Conversation Piece {Open} EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:27 pm

Alcatraz didn't know how he got here and it was terrifying.

He was surrounded on all sides by water, and he flailed in its black, bottomless waves. The waves were like greedy beggars, barraging him with their icy touches, trying to drag him down to rob him of his warmth. He cried out, instantly regretting it as the icy, salty water filled his mouth. Alcatraz choked, momentarily losing the treading he'd barely corrected, head falling below the waves. The water drug at his thick clothing, the cloak and the armor only dragging him down more. The frigid water had already sapped his strength, he couldn't bring himself to rip off his boots or cloak.

He continued to flail.

Alcatraz couldn't even take his natural form. The comfort of fur and four legs was denied from him. The comfort of a strong tail and a buoyant body wasn't there. He was trapped in the form of a human. A monkey, weak and vulnerable to the elements of their own world.

He knew he was dying when a light began to form below him.

A whisper in his ear sounded more like a desperate scream to the frozen man. It was his name, his birth name, the name that none of the humans used if they valued themselves.

Desta!

It was the voice of Shikola. The young elemental avatar, the soon-to-be leader of their tribe. The only Syl who hadn't judged him by his wretched fur curse. He knew he must be dying, she was a dimension away, after all.

---

Alcatraz woke up, a cold sweat slicking his body. There was a lump in his throat and a pain in his chest. His hands were shaking. He drug himself up onto his arms and looked around. The solid warmth of his bed and blankets helped calm him down. It was pitch black in his room, but his predatory eyes picked up on the faint outline of his desk against the wall. He sighed in relief, but cursed under his breath. It was always those nightmares. The clock on his desk glared furiously red at him. 4:27 am it told him. Early.

Never too early to work.

The tall man sat up, dangling his legs over the edge of his bed. He still had to regain his land legs after a nightmare like that.

Eventually, he stood, staggering only slightly before flipping a light switch. He flinched as the light beamed into his eyes before they could adjust. Alcatraz meandered over to his closet and pulled out an extra white shirt and cloak. He donned the shirt, but merely laid the cloak over his chair. He would change his pants later. He blinked sleepily and inspected the papers laid out on the desk from the night before. He had nothing pressing to attend to. He'd go for a walk.

So he did.

---

The Hallway was a dismal place so early in the morning. The twins were probably asleep, so he would not bother them. All of the patients should be asleep in their rooms, in fact.

It would be quite troublesome if he caught anyone out of their rooms.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Conversation Piece {Open}   Conversation Piece {Open} EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 7:03 pm

Scarlett was growing bored. She understood that at 4 a.m. no one should be up, but the service would have been nice. Seriously, if they wanted business shouldn’t there be someone manning the desk, even at 4 a.m. Scarlett defiantly thought so, but then she was a night owl and hated the mornings. Uh, mornings, they were like a cancer. Causing people to be grumpy for no reason, she defiantly hated mornings, no question about it.

After 25 minutes of sheer boredom, she rose from the weird looking chairs and decided to exit the nasty lemon-yellow colored room. She found the only other door, and fiddled with the handle. Hmm, it wasn’t locked, so she pushed on the handle and opened the door into a hallway.

Ominous, that was the first word come to mind, grey was the other. Scarlett wondered if she should roam the hallway and find someone, but Kari’s respectable personality was starting to push its way through.

After some inner turmoil, and conscience wrestling, she entered the gloomy hallway. There were doors here and there, but not a sound of another person or thing. It was so quiet, that it casted a doomed air about the place.

Suddenly, Scarlett turned the corner and ran into someone.
“My apologizes, I didn’t hear you coming,” she promptly responded, then she wondered why she hadn’t heard him walking. He was certainly tall, so shouldn’t he make a sound? His quietness bothered her for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Blackout
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Conversation Piece {Open}   Conversation Piece {Open} EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 8:11 pm

Kitu couldn't sleep. He rarly could these days. After the things he'd seen, the things he'd done, he wondered if he'd ever sleep again. So there he sat, backwards in his chair, thinking thoughts he'd rather not think. Why have I done what I've done? What will I do next? Where am I to go when the Americans release me? Will the Americans release me? These, among others, were valid questions, and, as of now, simply could not be answered. He would have to wait, indefinitly. Normally, he wouldn't mind the wait, perhaps he would have even enjoyed the safety and the stillness of those moments, but not now. Not when his friends could be dying, or even already have perished in the horror of the Bejing ruins.

Kitu's head jerked towards the door as he heard the subtle, yet audible sound of footsteps in the hallway. He allowed himselve to sigh. It was probably just Warden Alkatraz, making his rounds. He checked the clock on the wall. 4:35 A.M. The warden was usually so precise that you could set your watch, making his rounds every three hours. The only problem was, he made his last round at 3:00. He flet his heart begin to race, nobody was supposed to be up at this hour, and nobody went in the halls after curfue, period.

He searched his room for anything he could use as a weapon, incase this mysterious entity turned out to be hostile. He knew the Chinese were capable of pulling off this kind of assassinition, he'd personally seen it done, and, this time around, nobody was around to save his sorry hide. Kitu stopped. Maybe he was over thinking it. This is a mental institution after all. You couldn't expect every sorry soul in the goddamn building to obey orders. Yeah, that must be it. Just another frikin' mental case trying to get themselves shot by a guard. He exhaled a breath he hadn't realized he was holding. He lied back in his bed, closed his eyes, and tried to force relaxation. Then another set of footsteps joined the first, perhaps not side by side, but still there, still clomping along in unison. This time Kitu couldn't risk it. Two sets were too much to be random. He knelt down and pulled a shiv, made out of part of a cafiteria tray, and placed his hand on the doorknob. There was a crash, Kitu opened the door, and lunged at his supposed attackers.
Back to top Go down
Alyoshenka
Alyoshenka

PostSubject: Re: Conversation Piece {Open}   Conversation Piece {Open} EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 1:27 pm

Alcatraz was about to berate the girl who ran into him in the hallway when someone burst out of a door nearby. Predatory eyes adapted to the dark widened as he tried to comprehend what was going on. Alcatraz snarled and drew his short-sword to block the attack, placing himself between the patient and the girl. He then growled a low, threatening noise at the assailant as he tried to recognize them in the almost non-existent lighting. His eyes narrowed a bit, the way of attacking and the body shaped was unmistakable.

"Kitu," He started, tone low and threatening, "how did you get a weapon? You know they are provided to you in the Gym if you want to fight."

At this moment, he seemed to care less about why the door was unlocked. He would punish the guards later. Or maybe the technicians for making faulty doors.

"I'm sorry, miss." He said to the girl behind him. He was angry at her, at first. However, when he heard her voice, he knew she was not one of the current patients and was probably the new patient they'd be expecting. He'd have to go find Vampyronassa and have her deal with the girl, it was her job, anyway.

"Welcome to Greyhound Hospital. Any questions before Kitu tries to attack me again?"

His voice had a sardonic tint on the edge, as if he were mocking Kitu.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Conversation Piece {Open}   Conversation Piece {Open} EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 12:38 am

If the quietness of the first man bothered her, then the attack by the second came as a surprise. Shaking away the confusion, Scarlett stepped back to comprehend what was going on. The darkness of the hallway was starting to close in on her, and her heart began to race.

To try and calm herself down she lit a smoke, and exhaled. The tall man looked ready to kill the patient, and after some really rude words, he finally talked to her.

"I'm sorry, miss. Welcome to Greyhound Hospital. Any questions before Kitu tries to attack me again?"

She really didn’t appreciate the snarky attitude radiating from the man and grew irritated at his lack of respect. “Well, the first is were the hell is your secretary?” She glances at Kitu, “the second is why are you jumping people in the middle of the night,” looks at both of them “and I guess the third would be where’s the alcohol?”

Most would have thought that her questions were random, but she was trying to figure out the two men in front of her. The first was well, grumpy liked he woke up to early and the second looked ready to kill anything that so much as twitched. Then for some reason they were both having this intense stare down.

She was tweaked about waiting in the lobby for half an hour, and had no fear sharing that. She was also intrigued by the guy who had just jumped them. And well, the alcohol was because she seriously needed a drink, and it’s never to early to start in.

Then she took smoked some more and asked
"Well, any response gentleman?"
Back to top Go down
Mother Russia
Admin
Mother Russia

PostSubject: Re: Conversation Piece {Open}   Conversation Piece {Open} EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:23 pm

OOC: Wheeeeeee. Very Happy

BIC:
“Alcohol is prohibited, and smoking is only acceptable if you’ve reached level five progress and earned the privilege. And, Alcatraz, I’m glad to see you awake at this hour. It seems that these two don’t know how things are run around here. I caught Sir Honest attempting to abscond with his original pistol—it was quite impressive, actually. I underestimated him.”

A man with the face of a gaunt ghost and hair the color of a raven’s feathers drowned in ink and slicked back against its bald head, his eyes piercing emeralds wedged molded into a great slab of pasty marble, cheekbones so sharp enough they seemed table to slice the air or even the people standing in front of him. He was relatively tall and a bit lanky, especially with the way his fitted doctor’s coat clung to his body unlike most wispy, loose, generic types. Everything living about the guy wreaked insomniac and, although very misleading, he appeared to be sleep-walking or at least so sleep-deprived that he looked dead. But it was those eyes––those serpentine, wide, wild, preening, but so... melancholic, calming, like smooth mint tea... Eyes.

This was the Dean of Medicine at Greyhound Hospital for Psychiatry and Specialized Practices, Dr. James Terrance Sidoh––the methodically monotonous master of medicine, unreadable, unemotional, unimpressive, and undertaker to psychiatry’s most profound diseases of the unconventional human mind.

He stared at Kitu and Scarlett, a look of complete boredom but––strangely enough––an amused fancy donning his minute emotions.

“My name is Dr. Sidoh. I like to work and I love being right. My favorite color is grey, because it is bland, but your skeptic thoughts, I understand. I can read your mind, I keep everything I find even if it’s a bind. I can clone myself so profusely that you’ll find my trust woven loosely. I remember everything in absolute for my brain is quite acute. I’m glad you’re here, I hope you stay, because in your mind I like to play. As Alcatraz has said, welcome to Greyhound, but instead, I rather you be fed to the Syl eye by eye, limb by limb, so I can tell you all bye-bye.”

He smiled, obviously proud of his rhymed and timed impromptu introduction. Dr. Sidoh even gave a little giggle and attempted to suppress a snort, but duly failed. He coughed abruptly, involuntarily touched his fingers to his face and muttered,

“I’m totally a doctor.”
Back to top Go down
Blackout
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Conversation Piece {Open}   Conversation Piece {Open} EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 11:17 pm

Kitu immediately stepped back, assuming a defensive position with the shiv as he tried re-assessing the situation. One armed man, who hated him. One unpredictable woman, possibly going through withdrawal, and probably another mental case, claiming to be a mind-reading doctor. Furthermore, he'd been found out by the local authority. He had a weapon, an that meant they'd up security. That would, in turn, make escape even more difficult. He needed more information, he needed it now. Perhaps their reactions would tell them what he needed to know.

“Alcohol's in China, miss.” He said as slyly as possible, trying not to reveal anything emotionally. Emotions were dangerous. Kitu knew all to well that adding them into a combat situation gets people killed. They get good people killed. “We get there, to China, and I'll give you the late General Jwisini's personal wine cellar, and pay for whatever you're dying to go OD yourself on.”

Kitu turned to Alcatraz, not speaking, but Kitu's dark gaze said it all. While he didn't hate Alcatraz personally, he knew the type. Put his type into a position of power and they never let go. They drive lower ranks into the dirt, gaining power in doing so, and ultimately end up destroying the very system that gave them their power in the first place. This was the type of person that destroyed Kitu's dearest China. People like that had to pay.

Finally, he turned to Sidoh, perhaps the most confusing and/or eccentric person he'd ever seen, but Kitu remained unphased and unimpressed. In fact, Kitu chuckled, less because he found anything funny, but more to get on this “doctor's” nerves. “You're nothing but a ghost story, a tale to make little children listen to their damn mothers.” Kitu laughed again, yet the makeshift knife in his right hand didn't move a millimeter. “A mind reader? Surly you can do better then that, my good doctor.” He added, using every bit of his little knowledge of sarcasm.

The situation was not just not going well, but it was deteriorating at an unacceptable level. He couldn't allow any of these people to raise an alarm, but he was fairly sure that the drunken woman would support him. He'd found junkies made good allies, at least in the short term. What he'd first assumed to be an attempt merely to survive now turned itself into a deadly opportunity, and a choice. Escape now, no witnesses, no mercy, no looking back, or submit to some hostile entity and pray for mercy.

Kitu had never been one for prayer...
Back to top Go down
Fox
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Conversation Piece {Open}   Conversation Piece {Open} EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 11:23 pm

Morgan entered the staff room, and looked for a pot of coffee. Finding none made, he located the necessary items and somehow worked the coffee pot. Now all he to do was wait. Patience was a virtue someone forgot to give him and in minutes he began pacing the floor in a methodical manner. His mind raced across different thought bubbles and he finally stopped on a picture. It was of a beautiful, young girl with fluffy, blonde hair and big blue eyes. Morgan’s eyes started to film over, and he was lost in his thoughts. It certainly wasn’t a dream, but more of a nightmare. He replayed the day he lost his sister repeatedly, trying to figure out what he did wrong. The scar on his face started to have a familiar ache, when the coffee pot pinged. He rubbed his scar and his eyes cleared. He snagged the coffee pot and walked out of the room.

A short walk later and he entered the gym. This late at night no one was using it, and it had a deserted air floating about it. His office hadn’t changed since he exited it 15 minutes ago. Dominated by a huge white board covered in writing, the room felt small. Cluttered with over filled bookcases, leaning piles of paperwork, stacks of odds and ends wasn’t really helping his case either. Repeatedly, he was reminded it needed cleaned by other staff members and some even tried. But he knew were everything was in his messy office, even though many doubted that.

He just started in on his latest set of tricks, when he heard a scuffle echo throughout the gym. Someone certainly wasn’t in his gym at this late of hour. Finding nothing anywhere in his section of the building he entered the hallway. A short walk later he found the cause of the disturbance.

A young woman was snapping at the Warden and Kitu, who didn’t look to happy to be there. Seth rustled out from under his shirt, and beautifully draped across his neck, covering any possible hint of scar. What was really odd was when Dr. Sidoh appeared and actually chatted with the Warden and young people. Seth gave a long hiss, and curled tighter around his neck.

He walked up to the gathering group of people and looked oddly at Dr. Sidoh, but said nothing. He smiled politely at the Warden and the young women, and addressed Kitu.
“What’s with the Shiv, Kitu? Is gym getting to boring for you? Because if it is,” smiles maliciously “I can always make it more interesting. I do have a few more games that I could add, they’d be very amusing.” He turned his gaze from Kitu and stared at the young women and Dr. Sidoh.

Scarlett really didn’t appreciate the attacker’s sarcastic tone, and evenly replied, “Well if the Alcohol is really in China, then shall we depart immediately? I’m not a suicidal idiot looking to kill herself on something, but I’ll gladly take any wine you have.” Her tone started to show uncontrolled anger, so she tried to check herself and continued. “But you on the other hand are coming very close to meeting your demise. Which I would so gladly fulfill if you so sweetly desire it. All you really have to do is ask, and I’ll gladly oblige.” She glared at Kitu, and turned to Dr. Sidoh “It does seem however our good doctor has been in the secret stash I imagine he has locked in his desk. What kind you got hidden Doc? Jack? Jim? No you’re more of the light vodka type, am I right?”

She began to wonder how many more would join their little group, when a tired looking geek walked up. He had a snake snuggled around his neck, and spoke to Kitu with a light teasing tone, that had some hidden cruelty to it. What really started to bug here was his staring. It was odd no doubt, but it held a questioning look about it, almost as is he was asking what she thought about the situation.

Scarlett wasn’t really sure what to do next, so she held her “don’t mess with me” stance and kept right on smoking. She was testing to see what people’s responses were, and try to figure out who the hell was who.

Back to top Go down
Alyoshenka
Alyoshenka

PostSubject: Re: Conversation Piece {Open}   Conversation Piece {Open} EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 3:05 am

Too many people. Too early in the morning. 'Where the hell are the guards? Or even Vampyronassa?' The telepathic hiss into Sidoh's mind was incredibly hostile, Alcatraz's tension was building very quickly, so much that at first he didn't notice Sidoh's... off behavior. He let out a hissing sigh, aggravated, but he was trying to keep his calm. Kitu had a weapon, there was a bratty unauthorized smoker behind him and even the Gym Teacher was here. Next, he sighed inwardly, Alyoshenka would come tearing down the hallway in his normal form. That would compelte the utter foolishness of this moment.

He recognized Kitu's vague enmity toward him. He, personally, had no strife with the patient but obviously Kitu's background prevented him from connecting well with Alcatraz. He raised an eyebrow at the insolent words Kitu spoke to the doctor. He touched his telekinesis again to Sidoh, wordless but not without meaning, wondering how the other man would react.

The telekinesis was a protection, of course. Alcatraz was suspicious if Sidoh was... feeling himself. He didn't seem right tonight. If he received no response, he'd have to turn on his co-worker.

Too much emotion for Sidoh.

His mind nipped at his suppressed form. The natural fangs and claws called out to Alcatraz, but adopting them now would not help anything. Alcatraz always felt this way when he became too overworked, the fur itched under his skin, begging for release. Yet the inhibitors on his upper arms, hidden under folds of cloth, prevented that release, and he would not waste the time he spent waiting to be in the freest form again.

If he'd still had his tail in this form, the deadly spiked cord of muscle would be lashing. He didn't like the new patient, luckily it was not his job to deal with the patients, just suppress the uprisings. "King." He nodded to his other co-worker. Strange man, King was. Cruel, unnecessarily so. It was good he was not the Warden, or else, he felt, there may be grand issues with the treatment of the patients. He didn't understand violence as an outlet. It made no sense to someone who lived in a world where fighting was only for survival and rank, not for enjoyment.

The smoke from the girl's cigarette still stung his nose, sensitive even outside of a beast's form.

"I'm going to ask you nicely to please put out your cigarette."

He was at the end of his rope.
Back to top Go down
Fox
Fox

PostSubject: Re: Conversation Piece {Open}   Conversation Piece {Open} EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 10:41 pm

The man she had run into was starting to get upset. It showed in his face, and in the way he all but tried to kill her with his words. The smoking apparently bothered him epically for some reason and she weighed her options. She could put out the smoke and deal with the irritable man; she could walk away and never return. No, that won’t do, she promised her siblings she would try. The only other option she came across was to ask more questions in a distracting sort of way.

Scarlett certainly wasn’t stupid, and was tired of the moron people thinking that. The only one who looked like he understood she wasn’t an idiot was the man who stared. She was intrigued I guess you would say, so very intrigued.

“Got an ash tray?” she looked at the Warden questioningly.

With a sudden movement Scarlett’s demeanor began to change and then she was Piper. Her eyes had a crazed look about them, and her fedora changed to a nasty, patched thing.
“Well then, I could ask for any ash tray again,” twitches, “or I could put it out on your eye, that’s be so much fun,” she cackled. Piper was not happy with the turn of events and shifted her stance to a more crack addict one. It had its uses, being a “drug” addict, so many uses. “Be quick, my dead turkey, or Piper dearest will cut your heart out and have blood pudding,” she licked her lips and chuckled, “I loves me some blood pudding and heart for breakfast, good for the soul dontcha you know.” She laughed crazily and exhaled her smoke in the Wardens’ face.
Back to top Go down
Mother Russia
Admin
Mother Russia

PostSubject: Re: Conversation Piece {Open}   Conversation Piece {Open} EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 6:13 pm

[[
Back to top Go down
Mother Russia
Admin
Mother Russia

PostSubject: Re: Conversation Piece {Open}   Conversation Piece {Open} EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 6:15 pm

[[ I'm hypothetically finishing my reply. I'm also hypothetically studying for Pettinger's Human A&P test. I'm also hypothetically deleting Duncan's accounts if he doesn't get his creeper face in gear. ]]
Back to top Go down
Blackout
Blackout

PostSubject: Re: Conversation Piece {Open}   Conversation Piece {Open} EmptySat Oct 29, 2011 7:35 pm

Author's note: My apologizes for making you wait so long. I also apologize for the lack of quality on his post. My blood sugar's at 360. I'll do better next time! I may even go back and edit this one for sentence fluency and all that good jazz. Thanks for being Patient!

More people to watch, more expressions to read, and more weapons to keep track of. Kitu sat there and watched the whole damn situation fall to pieces in front of his eyes, and not a thing he could do about it. The Warden was about to kill Scarlett, that psycho Morgan and his creepy snake were eying the warden, and sidoh, well, he must have lost his mind. So here he stood, in a hallway full of rogue elements, and all of them on a particularly short fuse. Kitu inched closer to the light switch on the wall. He couldn't get out on his own, not with all the “administration” standing right in front of him. He had to send a message to scarlett, something only she could see. Almost to the switch, he blinked. Then again, but held it longer. And again, and again. He continued, praying she understood Morse code. If she didn't, or even if she didn't notice it, then escape would become very difficult. Like it or not, he needed her, and she needed him, at least for the moment.

When the was done, it read “run opposite my direction on mark meet at gym in 7” Now the only problem was she might not have noticed it, and even if she did, would he trust it? Why would she? But then again, what would she have to lose? Actually, she stood to lose a lot, her alcohol, her cigarettes, perhaps risking punishment in the gym, or even a chance of execution.

No. he couldn't afford to think like that. Either they'll make it out, or they won't. Nothing else matters except the current objective, escape the American captors. He placed his hand firmly on the switch, not activating the lights, but merely to feel the electrons pass through the circuits. He felt them travel through his finger tips, how fast they went, where they were going, what secrets they stored, then he changed them. He started looping camera feeds, then he killed lights and locked certain doors. With a mere touch he unlocked doors that stood in his way, defeated security systems, and put anything that stood in his way into lockdown. And none one was the wiser.

As a final security measure, something to keep his current company busy. He rigged the switch to explode, not so much of an IED, but more of a Falsh-bang, but with more Shrapnel. Kitu estimated that he and Scarlett could round their respective corners in about two seconds, so he set it to detonate in four point three five seconds, just to be safe. He pocketed the shiv, released his hand from the panel, and kicked the back of the Wardens head.

Hard.

“Mark!” He turned and ran, not waiting to see if Scar did the same. Kitu rounded the corner, there was a loud explosion, and Kitu kept running. He wouldn't stop until he got to China.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conversation Piece {Open}   Conversation Piece {Open} Empty

Back to top Go down

Conversation Piece {Open}
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Greyhound Hospital Psychiatric Hospital :: Roleplay Zone :: Living Quarters :: The Hallway-
Jump to: